Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide

I lied.

When I finished Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, I wrote, "And now I have read all of J.K. Rowling's books, except Very Good Lives." But I forgot about the three ebook collections of short stories that were available on Pottermore.



To remedy this situation, I bought all three from Pottermore. On my new laptop, I've been reading through them with my new IceCream Reader. So far, I've finished Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide.

I found out afterward that it's actually the third of the three. So now I'm reading Heroism, Hardship, and Dangerous Hobbies. It was a chapter on one of my favorites, Remus Lupin.

This is a short ebook of short stories, so it didn't take me very long to read. It was very enjoyable. All of the content came originally from Pottermore. It includes some further information about the Hogwarts Express, Hogwarts, and the magical objects used in the Harry Potter books, plus new insights from J.K. Rowling into why she made the writing choices she did.

After reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 and 2, I still have more questions about the use of Time Turners, so this book won't answer all of your magical questions. However, it was still an entertaining and informative read.

I never cease to be impressed by Ms. Rowling's knowledge of world folklore.

No comments: