Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

#BookReview Lemony Snicket's 'File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents' #Mystery #KidsBooks

File Under: 13 Suspicious IncidentsFile Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents by Lemony Snicket

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


These 13 short stories are further evidence that Lemony Snicket's All the Wrong Questions series is ever bit as much subversive fun as A Series of Unfortunate Events - if not more so. I'm starting to think the solo adventures of juvenile Snicket in the village of Stain'd-by-the-Sea are my favorite brainchild of Daniel Handler thus far.

That village librarian Dashiell Qwerty has become yet another of my fictional boyfriends does not hurt the case.

The mysteries are fun. Some of them are fairly obvious, but overall they remind me of a junior version of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's best work. That they allow us yet another opportunity to interact with Stain'd-by-the-Sea's quirky residents is yet another point in this book's favor.

Yet those who haven't read Who Could That Be At This Hour? and When Did You See Her Last? can still enjoy this book as a stand-alone. Any young reader who likes Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, or any of the other half-grown sleuths of literature will find this volume delightful, whether or not they've read Snicket before.

I purchased this hardcover at Barnes and Noble with my own funds and was not obligated to review it in any way. I'm simply a Lemony Snicket fan.

Find it on Amazon.com: File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents (All the Wrong Questions)

View all my reviews on Goodreads

No comments: