Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Love, Lust and Zombies (New Work To Look Forward To)

Way back in March 2012, I watched Person of Interest, went to bed and had a dream about zombies. I wrote about it here.

Then I turned the dream into a short story.

It was originally intended for Coming Together: Hungry For Love. It did not make the final cut, although editor Sommer Marsden wrote, "Yours was a hard one for me because I enjoyed the story and I liked your writing, but the zombies, if you read very carefully, are really backdrop to the tale you tell." That particular anthology, she wrote, needed more "in your face" zombie characters.

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress


Then I submitted that short story to the Cleis Press anthology Love, Lust and Zombies, being edited by Mitzi Szereto. You may remember Mitzi Szereto from such books as Pride and Prejudice: Hidden Lusts and In Sleeping Beauty's Bed.

I just found out yesterday that Mitzi accepted my story, titled "Wild Ones." Yay!

This is my second short story to land in a Cleis Press title. I wrote "Soaked" (based on a true story) in Best Lesbian Romance 2010.


Now, on an unrelated note, today is also Madonna's 55th birthday, so I made a playlist of some of my favorite Madonna songs.

No comments: